Oak Lodge Care Home
Lordsleaze Lane, Chard, Somerset, TA202HN
Working Hours: Full-Time, Pay Rate: TBC Closing Date: N/A
We are looking for a Chef with experience of care homes to lead a small dynamic team delivering home cooked food of a high standard, to create a restaurant-style experience for our residents in which they can socialise around the table.
- As Chef, you will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, cleanliness of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance. As a key member of the team, you will ensure all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed. You will also work alongside the leadership team within the home to cater for special events.In our environment, you will have the opportunity to be creative with menus and provide food to a very high standard.
- Ability to create recipes that respond to our clientele’s preferences to a very high standard
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
- Experience of auditing catering services
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Food handling course qualification
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Effective timekeeping and time management
We know there’s more to life than work. That’s why when you join Majesticare, you will be automatically enrolled onto Perkbox - an employee benefit and wellbeing platform that gives you free access to over 200 exclusive perks, including free mobile phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and up to 8% off at 20,000 retail stores nationwide. Find out more about all our rewards here: https://www.perkbox.co.uk/majesticare