The Mount Care Home
School Hill, Wargrave, Berkshire , RG10 8DY
Working Hours: Bank hours Pay Rate: TBC, Closing Date: N/A
If you are a person who:
- Has a genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- - The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A team player
- A willingness to participate in vocational training programmes. Satisfactory police check and check against the DBS Adult first list (where applicable)
- Has a basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The we would like to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets, etc. to the required standard and cleaning the public areas at predetermined times, when those areas contain few or no residents.
- Equipping the domestic’s trolley with adequate supplies and keeping it neat and tidy.
- Using the cleaning materials correctly and carefully and in accordance with COSHH regulation.
- Carefully handling and maintaining equipment.
- Reporting maintenance defects and safety hazards. The prompt reporting of lost and found property to the Housekeeper. Being helpful and polite to the residents.
- Maintaining personal hygiene and appearance.
- Following the security procedures.
- Undertaking special cleaning jobs as assigned by the Housekeeper.
- To follow available method statements for carrying out cleaning duties.
- Assisting in the kitchen/washing up area, if asked to do so by the Housekeeper/Home Manager.
- To assist in setting/clearing the tables in the dining room.
- To carry out the domestic duties as per the rota.
- To undertake any training necessary for the completion of your duties.
- To attend staff and other meetings as appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required.
- To abide by all company Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Staff Handbook and Policy and Procedure File.
Rewarding our staff is important to us and so we provide a competitive salary and holiday package, company pension.
We know there’s more to life than work. That’s why when you join Majesticare, you will be automatically enrolled onto Perkbox - an employee benefits and wellbeing platform that gives you free access to over 200 exclusive perks, including free mobile phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and up to 8% off at 20,000 retail stores nationwide. Find out more about all our rewards here: https://www.perkbox.co.uk/majesticare