Location: Milton Ernest Hall, Bedford Road, Milton Ernest, Bedford MK44 1RJ
Working Hours: 16
Closing Date: N/A
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To organise and control the kitchen operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the appropriate standards as defined by Majesticare.
- To be directly responsible for the preparation, cooking, portioning and presentation of meals in the absence of the cook, to standards as defined by Majesticare.
- To ensure that heavy duty kitchen equipment, light equipment, work areas, other facilities and general surroundings of the kitchen are maintained and operated to the standards required by the Statutory, Local Authority and Company Health, Safety, Fire and Hygiene regulations and policies. Similarly to ensure that the personnel use safe methods of work and that no unauthorised person cleans/operates certain specified equipment.
- To ensure that the cleaning rota is in operation.
- To report any areas of concern to the Catering Manager/Chef.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the service users through regular personal contact. To report regularly to Catering Manager/Chef matters discussed with the service users.
- To ensure that the Company Food Hygiene Policy and Procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches of Statutory or Local Authority regulations. In accordance with Company Policy, to carry out clerical activities in respect of controls and records, whilst on duty.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required by the Catering Manager/Chef.
- To assist in the organisation, participate in, special functions as required by Catering Manager/Chef.
- To deputise for the Catering Manager/Chef when required.
- To carry out any other duties that might be reasonably requested by Home Manager and/or Catering Manager/Chef.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- A genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A team player.
- A willingness to participate in vocational training programmes.
- Satisfactory police check and check against the DBS Adult first list (where applicable).
- A basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act.